DO I HAVE TO BE FIT IN ORDER TO SIGN UP?
We welcome everyone regardless of fitness levels. You will be fit after joining us!
However if you have any injury or medical history, please consult a doctor before embarking on any fitness program.
IS BOXING SAFE?
We never compromise on safety. Our coaches are certified and experienced boxing trainers. We have been in this business for years. Protective gear such as headguard, 16oz gloves and groin guard must be worn during sparring. Our sparring sessions are controlled and supervised.
Also, sparring is not mandatory.
DO I NEED EXPERIENCE TO JOIN?
No, you do not! We have beginner and intermediate classes to ensure that you would be able to learn proper boxing.
I DON'T WANT TO SPAR. CAN I JUST BOX FOR FITNESS?
Of course! A lot of our members started boxing because boxing was a great workout. We are committed to teaching proper boxing even if you are doing boxing for fitness. If down the road you feel like trying competitive boxing, at least you will have the skills and conditioning already.
WHAT ARE THE METHODS OF PAYMENT?
We accept payment through our website. For the 6 or 12 months installment payment plan, only credit cards (with validity for more than 12 months) are accepted. Please book your sessions prior to coming to class.
WHEN CAN I JOIN THE INTERMEDIATE SESSIONS?
Having a good foundation is very important in boxing. Without boxing basics, it will be hard to get other punches and techniques right. Our coaches will evaluate you and let you know when you are ready to move up to the intermediate class or advance sparring.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY OWN GEAR?
Yes, you would need to get your own handwraps and gloves. Recommended Gloves size for women - 10/12oz and men-114oz/16oz. Recommended handwraps length- 4.5metres.
ARES FIGHT CLUB
Increased Precautionary Measures and PHASE 2 update
MEMBERSHIP & BOOKING
1) We now have limited slots in order to adhere with safe distancing measures. We have changed our schedule to add more classes.
2) Make prior booking on our website or the wix app beforehand. Bookings will be open 2 days in advance. Members without booking will not be allowed to join in the class.
3) Please come 5-10 minutes earlier to get ready and check-in via the Safe Entry QR code and temperature checking.
4) Members are limited to 1 session a day to allow others a chance to book a slot.
5) If you are unable to make it for the session, please cancel 3hours before class through the website or the wix app. Failure to do so will result in deduction of 1 session from your package or 2 days from the unlimited plan. If you fail to cancel your session 3 times, you will be banned from booking a slot for 1 week. We seek your understanding and cooperation as we have a reduced class size during phase 2.
6) We have allocated 15 minutes transition time in between classes for cleaning and disinfecting. Please do not linger around after your session.
7) All payments will now be cashless. The 'pay-in-person' option has been removed to avoid no-shows. So please purchase a package plan online.
8) There will be no walk-in or trial sessions for now, so that we can accommodate our members with the reduced class size. However, we will still accept new sign-ups.
1) There will strictly be no loaning of boxing gloves . Please bring your own handwraps and gloves.
2) Members must wipe down equipments and workout areas after use.
3) Please bring your own towels for training.
4) The gym will be cleaned and disinfected after every group. We have sprayed a self-disinfecting, anti-microbial solution on high touch surfaces and equipments.
5) Do wear a mask in the gym at all times unless working out. Coaches will wear masks during training.
Thank you for reading this far. Together we can make a safer gym environment for our reopening. We thank you for your patience and understanding. The team at Ares Fight Club appreciate your continued support!
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE TO JOIN
Unfortunately we do not have any kids classes as of yet. Our minimum age requirement is 12 years old as the class will be a mixture of students, young adults and working adults. Members under 18 would need their parent or guardian to sign the waiver on their behalf.
CAN I SHARE THE MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE WITH A FRIEND?
Our memberships and packages are strictly non-transferable and non-refundable.