DO I HAVE TO BE FIT IN ORDER TO SIGN UP?
We welcome everyone regardless of fitness levels. You will be fit after joining us!
IS BOXING SAFE?
We never compromise on safety. Our coaches are certified and experienced boxing trainers. We have been in this business for years. Protective gear such as headguard, 16oz gloves and groin guard must be worn during sparring. Our sparring sessions are controlled and supervised.
Also, sparring is not mandatory.
DO I NEED EXPERIENCE TO JOIN?
No, you do not! We have beginner and intermediate classes to ensure that you would be able to learn proper boxing.
I DON'T WANT TO SPAR. CAN I JUST BOX FOR FITNESS?
Of course! A lot of our members started boxing because boxing was a great workout. We are committed to teaching proper boxing even if you are doing boxing for fitness. If down the road you feel like trying competitive boxing, at least you will have the skills and conditioning already.
WHAT ARE THE METHODS OF PAYMENT?
We accept payment through our website. For the 6 or 12 months installment payment plan, only credit cards are accepted. Please book your sessions prior to coming to class.
WHEN CAN I JOIN THE INTERMEDIATE SESSIONS?
Having a good foundation is very important in boxing. Without boxing basics, it will be hard to get other punches and techniques right. Our coaches will evaluate you and let you know when you are ready to move up to the intermediate class or advance sparring.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY OWN GEAR?
Yes, you would need to get your own handwraps and gloves due to the current Covid-19 situation.
ARES FIGHT CLUB
Increased Precautionary Measures and Covid-19 update
In light of the recent news due to COVID-19 and the government social distancing measures, we have made changes to our class schedule and capacity until further notice.
1. Class capacity reduced to 8 pax. Due to our space constraints to ensure social distancing.
2. All classes MUST BE BOOKED prior to the session. Should anyone show up without booking, we reserve the right to turn them down. Please book responsibly - cancel your session at least 1 hour before so that other's may get the chance to train.
3. All our group classes are reformatted to meet the social distancing guidelines. For the classes, there will be no sharing of punching bags or equipment, no pad work, no sparring, no partner drills or activities that require close contact.
4. We have stepped up the frequency of cleaning and wipe downs of our equipment and surfaces. There are hand sanitisers and anti-bacterial sprays for member and staff use. Please wipe down any equipment after use with the disinfectant wipes and sprays provided.
5. We will now require all clients to sign digital travel and health declaration form before coming into the gym. Please arrive 10 minutes before class to do this and get ready for the class.
6. There will also be a MANDATORY TEMPERATURE CHECK upon entry into the gym premises.
7. Avoid loitering around after your session. We seek everyone's understanding and cooperation to leave the premises as soon as you can after the session.
8. Those who traveled or is living with anyone who has traveled in the last 14 days will be denied entry into the gym.
We seek your kind understanding and let's work together in fighting the spread of COVID-19. Let's all train responsibly so that the gym may continue running. The team at Ares Fight Club appreciate your continued support!